Dev Diary #20

A little glimpse inside the mind of the developers.
notethedruid
Developer
Developer

Dev Diary #20

Post by notethedruid » February 7th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Yaa it's Dev Diary Day! What I've been up to lately is trying out substance painter. My work has mostly been done using quixel suites NDo and Do. Both programs are very porwerful and can create the same quality of maps if you know what your doing. I decided to add to my list of skills by learning substance. Since I have experience using quixel something's in substance are just second nature. The only real problem is learning the UI and various hotkeys and what not. While it can be daunting to learn an new program I do like the challenge it provided. I'm currently learning the best approach for making color ids. Which can be done in either Maya, Max or Photoshop. I plan to make the base color IDs for the various parts of the model in either Max or Maya. Downside to this approach is it applies the desired color to the entire part of the model. To break up the paint I'll have to tweak the color map in Photoshop. I'm sure once I get the hang of substance I'll have an even quicker way of doing this. 😄 Thanks for stopping by and keep an eye out for more diary's from the crew!